Sunday, November 9, 2008

First Post!


If anyone actually reads these things - a quick word about this blog......

Last night at a family dinner, my sisters and brothers in law suggest i write a blog about the many concerts i see. Well, in doing some thinking, i thought this might be a good idea for a number of reasons, most notably i attend a ton of concerts on my own. Now, if while this may seems pathetic, i just can't stand the idea of missing a band i like coming to town and skipping it due to not being able to find anyone to attend it with. So, for all you losers who are to lazy to spend an open Monday night in a sweaty club waiting through a shitty opening band to see a your band come at 11:30 when you work the next morning, well now at least you'll know what you missed.

Additonally, for those who don't know me so well, music is a prime part of my life. I listen to a wide variety of bands, and am always searching for something new. So, occasionally i'll make a suggestion on something that may be of interest to you. Reviews suck, who wants to read someones snotty too cool for school thoughts on Deerhoof anyway. I'll cut straight to the point in a completely uneduated way, and if you like what i have to say about a band, check it out. If not, just read and laugh at my lack of prose.
This does lead me to a quick thought. One more intention of this blog is to bring music back to the people. No american apparel hear, i want levi's. Smoking cigarettes outside, hah. I want my Coors Lite at the bar. The new sigur rios record..... give me Born in the USA. Summer vacation in Soho, i'll take a night in Vegas. And finally, pitchfork, fuck that. I'll take a chance on liking the new Coldplay (in secret).
So..... If your still here, Buy More Vinyl!!

1 comment:

mollydella said...

This is fantastic. i echo your statements about snotty reviewers. i'm so sick of Indy music having such a high and mighty air. Power to the people! BUY MORE VINYL!